Today, many people rely on social media for more than just entertainment and keeping up with their friends. According to HubSpot research, 42 percent of social media users turn to these platforms to conduct product research, too.1 As a car dealership, you can use social media platforms to convert sales leads, raise awareness about your business, and increase customer satisfaction.
Our team at Aspen Automotive has over 30 years of experience helping car dealerships with their marketing campaigns, from direct mail to social media. Learn how you can use social media to your dealership’s advantage below.
Social Media Tips for Car Dealerships
Social media gives dealerships an opportunity to build their brand identity and tell a story about their business. In turn, this can build brand loyalty, create trusting relationships with customers, and reach more people directly on the platforms they’re already using.
Tailor Your Content
When creating social media posts, it’s important to tailor the content for each platform. Content that aligns with your dealership’s style and the brands you sell can help your social media presence feel authentic and resonate with more people. Below are a few ideas for posting on major social media platforms to engage your target audiences.
- YouTube: Give a tour of your showroom, review a new model year, show how the latest automotive feature works, and teach customers about automotive maintenance.
- Facebook: Post pictures and short videos, share dealership updates, alert customers about current offers, share car-buying tips, and link directly to your website.
- Instagram: Reach a younger audience with eye-catching pictures, short video clips, live updates from your showroom, and information about current promotions.
- Twitter: Share instant updates about your dealership, current deals and promotions, and the latest specs for a new model year in a condensed format.
- TikTok: Use popular videomaking techniques and storytelling to highlight a new vehicle, give tours of your dealership, and teach simple automotive service.
One way to increase your return on investment (ROI) is by incorporating relevant hashtags into your posts and repurposing social media content across multiple platforms. Our marketing experts can create compelling, effective social media posts for your dealership and repurpose marketing content across platforms—just like we create eye-catching direct mail pieces!
Combine the Power of Organic Posts & PPC Ads
In addition to creating posts, you can accompany your social media strategy with paid advertising to reach prospects directly and convert more sales leads. Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms offer pay-per-click (PPC) options that enable you to create targeted ads and pay only for the ones that generate clicks.
Use Our Data Solutions to Track Your Progress & Adjust as Needed
Many social media platforms offer built-in analytics that track your posts. At Aspen Automotive, we have data solutions to help you analyze your social posts, enabling you to adjust your strategy over time. For example, if you see that your videos are attracting lots of views and comments, you can adjust your content strategy to make more of them.
Start Using Social Media Marketing for Your Car Dealership Today
Ready to engage more customers on the social media platforms they use every day? If so, contact the marketing experts at Aspen Automotive to find out how we can help your car dealership leverage the power of social media to generate more engagement and a greater Return on Investment (ROI)!